The Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia.
An example of systemic habitat from the past.
The archeological sites in the Angkor region.
Courtesy of www.theangkorguide.com.
Angkor Wat. Images by courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Angkor Wat. Satellite view by courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
The Angkor Archeological Park
UNESCO World Heritage Site
Simulating 24 hours at medieval Angkor Wat
Temples of Angkor in Ultra HD
Virtual 3D of Angkor Wat Temple and equinox
- Lawrence Palmer Briggs and Robert Heine-Geldern: "The Ancient Khmer Empire", White Lotus, 1999-2011.
- Claude Jacques: "The Khmer Empire: Cities and Sanctuaries from the 5th to the 13th Century", River Books Press, 2011.
The richness and diversity of the Khmer Empire are shown here through stunning photographs, site plans, aerial shots of ancient cities and more.
About the Author: Claude Jacques taught Khmer history at the Archaeology Department of Phnom Penh. He has been the Director of Studies at the Ecole pratique des Hautes Etudes for the last twenty years, teaching the history of Southeast Asia.
- Michel Petrotchenko: "Focusing on the Angkor Temples:The guide book", River Books Press, 2017.
- Maurice Glaize: "A Guide to the Angkor Monuments", Saigon, Vietnam, 1944-1948; Paris 1963, translated in 1966.
Free ebook in PDF format available to download from www.theangkorguide.com.
- UNESCO World Heritage: Interactive map :